Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Movies/TV Shows That I Have Cried While Watching

The Fountain
Lilo & Stitch
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron
Battlestar Galactica
House
Requiem for a Dream
Milo and Otis*
A Beautiful Mind
Boys Don't Cry
Dumbo*
Brokeback Mountain
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
I Am Legend (which I like to call I Am Will Smith)

Anything marked with a * means I saw and cried at it when I was a small child. Yes, everything else happened when I was a fully-grown adult.

Here's the story on Requiem for a Dream. I was a freshman in college, and my boyfriend at the time lived in the dorm room across the hall from mine. Somehow it came up in conversation that I had never seen the movie before, and he strongly recommended I see it, since it is so good.

So in my dorm room, he gives the movie to me to watch, and then gets ready to leave.

Me: Where are you going?
College Boyfriend: Back to my room.
Me: Why? I thought we were going to watch the movie together.
CB: Oh me? No. I'm not watching that movie again.
Me: >:|

So I turned out the lights and watched the entire movie by myself. When the movie ended, I crawled across the hall to his room, sniveling and covered in my own tears and snot, and scratched at his door. He opened the door a crack.

Me: WHY DID YOU MAKE ME WATCH THAT MOVIE BY MYSELF
CB: I told you, it's a good movie, but I didn't want to watch it again.
Me: WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME
CB: I didn't know you would be this distraught over it.
Me: I WANT TO DIEEEEEEE

The reason for this post is because I just watched A Beautiful Mind for the first time, by myself. I have gone through half a box of tissues and now I just want to curl up in a quilt with some hot chocolate and my cats and watch Super Troopers or anything else that is not so horribly depressing and sad and lovely and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment